DharmaJiva is a network of individuals and groups that are cooperating to increase awareness of the social situation of the Dalits and the significance of the Buddhist revival.
Our activities include:
- arranging tours to India to meet local Buddhists and visit social projects,
- supporting training centers for Indian human rights workers, community activists and Dharma teachers
- facilitating visits to the West by Indian Buddhist representatives
- researching and publicizing Buddhism and human rights in India
- supporting meditation classes and retreats
- networking with Buddhist communities and teachers outside of India
DharmaJiva is a non-sectarian Buddhist network that includes both Western and Asian Buddhist traditions.
The Executive Director of DharmaJiva is David Viradhamma Creighton, who has been working with Buddhists in India since 1994. He is a senior member of the Triratna Buddhist Order and is on the Board of Directors of the San Francisco Triratna Buddhist Center.
Dharmachari Manidhamma organizes and guides DharmaJiva tours in India. He is a senior member of the Triratna Buddhist Order and is a Trustee of the Nagarjuna Training Institute in Nagpur, India, where he lives.
For more information, please email us at info@DharmaJiva.org.